To outline the policy and procedures effective throughout our organization, concerning environmental protection.
Realizing that the world’s natural resources are limited and fragile, Cookies United considers environmental protection to be consistent with its overall goals and values and an important consideration in its total activities. This commitment to environmental protection is reflected in our policies, programs and practices for conducting operations in an environmentally as well as economically responsible manner.
Environmental Policy Statement
Cookies United is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimize the environmental risks to our employees and the community in which we operate.
- Actively promote recycling programs.
- Promote employee awareness of environmental concerns and responsibilities
- Operate our facility and plan future projects always taking into consideration the efficient use of energy and materials.
- Conduct its operations in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards concerning environmental protection.
Climate Change & Governance
At Cookies United we are committed to reducing our impact on climate change and increasing our contribution to understanding sustainability issues.
Some measures we are taking to reduce our impact include:
- Understanding the logistics of our distribution network to minimize our future carbon footprint.
- Participating in sustainability programs/seminars offered by the local power and the state of NY
- Continually improve our environmental management system and related policies based on technical developments, regulatory changes and customer needs.